Assessing the preparedness for the unforeseen of Norwegian organisations
In this work package we will carry out a survey among managers and employees in our chosen organisations.
This survey will build upon earlier work carried out by USN (UN-METH project) and work carried out by NIFU in recent projects for assessing learning at work. Activities within this work package will use established methods and tools (UN-METH and CSQ, VIA-IS, OBSCIF), which will be adapted and further developed, based on the findings of WP 1. The main research questions to be answered are:
- How can the competences for the unforeseen be mapped, observed and assessed?
- Which character strengths are the most important when it comes to coping with unforeseen events?
- Which individual factors affect the ability to handle unforeseen events?
- What is the level of preparedness for the unforeseen in Norwegian organisations?
- What effect has the education (intervention) had?
Task 1: Further develop and adapt existing methods (UN-METH, CSQ, OBSCIF), also based on WP 1.
Task 2: Collect data through the VIA-IS and UN-METH tool from a selection of relevant organisations that need a high level of preparedness.
Task 3: Data analysis (mixed methods), and relation / sample versus results in relation to the research goals
Task 4: Analyse feedback from WP4.